All times Eastern Daylight Time (UTC−04:00) through October 31; Eastern Standard Time (UTC−05:00) after October 31.
AAI invites attendees to submit abstracts of unpublished, original research for presentation at IMMUNOLOGY 2020™. All abstracts will be reviewed by committees of experts in their respective areas and scheduled for presentation. Outstanding regular abstracts will be selected for oral presentation in Block Symposia (oral presentations of abstract data).
Posters are the most dynamic aspect of the AAI annual meeting! Meet abstract authors for face-to-face discussions and learn about their most recent research.
Block Symposia are two-hour symposia consisting of short oral presentations of those abstracts that are deemed to be the best in each topic category. First authors have the option of requesting ‘Oral and Poster’ or ‘Poster Only’ when submitting their abstracts. Up to 40% of the submitted abstracts will be chosen to be presented in these symposia.
- All accepted abstracts, including those selected for oral presentation in a Block Symposium, are required to be presented as a poster.
- Posters are viewable for one day only.
- Posters are to be placed between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM on the assigned day, on the assigned board. All first authors must be present at their poster between the hours of 2:30 PM and 3:45 PM on their assigned day.
- Any authors failing to
- display their poster throughout their assigned day, and/or
- be present during their assigned poster session will forfeit publication of their abstract in the Supplement to The Journal of Immunology. Corresponding AAI travel awardees will, additionally, forfeit their award.
- Posters are to remain up until 3:45 PM and removed by 4:30 PM on the assigned day; posters not removed will be discarded.
- Videoing or photographing of posters without the permission of the author is forbidden. First authors are allowed to photograph their own posters.
Note: No scientific sessions are scheduled during the Poster Session times!